Monday, September 3, 2012

ASPIRING WRITER: Nineteen


25 Things I Want To Say To So-Called “Aspiring” Writers
Seen a lot of folks giving advice to so-called “aspiring” writers these days, so, I figured what the hell? Might as well throw my dubious nuggets of wisdom into the stew. See if any of this tastes right to you.
19th

No, Total Stranger, I Don’t Want To Read Your Stuff

I really don’t. And neither does any other working author. It’s nothing personal. We just don’t know you from any other spam-bot lurking in the wings ready to dump a bucket of dick pills and Nigerian money over our heads. That’s not to say we won’t be friendly or are unwilling to talk to you about your work, but we’re already probably neck deep in the ordure of our own wordsmithy. (Or we’re drunk and confused at a Chuck-E-Cheese somewhere.) We cannot take the time to read the work of total strangers. Be polite if you’re going to ask. And damn sure don’t get mad when we say no.

Es Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment

When it is truly time,
and if you have been chosen,
it will do it by
itself and it will keep on doing it
I'd love to get a comment from you!
<3 Es Sanchez